Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Robins say Good Morning


     I woke to the song of the robins this morning. The sun rose like a glowing orange ball. Everyday it is easier to see the buds on the trees. I love watching the sun rise in the morning; there is something spiritual about the dawn. We are blessed with the most amazing sunsets here. I have often sat at the beach and watched the sun slip below the water. We once went to the harbour and sailed out into the lake to watch the sunset. It was so peaceful on waves.
     I have swam in Lake Huron, Lake Ontario, Lake Superior, Georgian Bay, the ocean off the coast of Maine, Florida, the Gulf of Mexico and Cuba. I must say that I love Lake Huron. I prefer the fresh water. I like to be able to see the bottom of the lake. You can always see the minnows and the tadpoles swimming close to the shore. 
     When the weather is warm we love to take a picnic to the beach and spend a few hours relaxing on the sand. I look forward to feeling the sand on my bare feet and dipping my toes in the cool water. I have swam in Lake Huron since I was a baby. I loved to chase the seagulls when I was a toddler. No matter how cold the water was we always went for a swim. Both my maternal and paternal grandparents had cottages at the beach so I spent quite a bit of time there as a child.
     I am basking in the sun and enjoying my tea in our breakfast room. I started to clean around the pond yesterday. I had to remove one bush so far; as it was dead. I am considering transplanting my dogwood. I need to make a trip to the hardware store for seeds. I need something brightly coloured  to plant in the rock garden around the fish pond. I am going to try and finish cleaning around the pond today. Homemade lemonade sounds like a nice treat when I am finished my work.
Love Always Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment