Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Robins are Here!

     It was sunny all day on Wednesday and I saw my first Robin racing across the backyard. The Starlings are still busy in the tree bringing little bits and pieces to make their nest. The grass in brown but it is the best thing I have seen in a long time. I cannot remember wanting spring to come as much as I did this year. We cannot park in front of our house all winter because of the snow plows. That means the car sits at the very back of our yard. There is one little snowbank back there being protected from the overhang of our garage roof.
     The air is full of sounds, children on their march break, birds, the little dog across the road and the wind in the trees. I have missed having the windows open. It makes me feel a part of the world. There were flies sitting on the jam of the front door and a little bug with wings walking across the screen of the back door and a ladybug making her way along the threshold. Isn't it wonderful?
Love Always Kim 

No comments:

Post a Comment