Monday, March 5, 2012

Victorian, Edwardian and Vintage

Dear Friends,
     I come from a long line of seamstresses. My grandmother was amazing at it. My mother was as well. When I was 11 years old my girlfriend Stacey and I learned how to sew on a machine that her mother had in their basement. I took Home Ec. as we called it then. They do not teach this anymore. That is a shame. I adored my teacher in Junior High School. She allowed me to use her machine and I guess I was teacher's pet. I loved to sew and made most of my wardrobe for many years.
     I began to admire clothing from yesteryear, not only Vintage but Victorian and Edwardian. The clothes were so well made with details that you just do not find in the retail industry today. I started purchasing clothes from vintage stores. Today I am going to share some things that I have found on line and that I love. I hope that you enjoy them as well.






























     Have a wonderful day.

Love Always,
Kim

1 comment:

  1. OH MY KIM,
    Be still my heart..I love every one of these photo's..and I would love to be able to wear beautiful clothing like these. I did take sewing in Jr. High but was not very good at it..was happy when that year was over and moved on to foods...:) So pretty....

    ReplyDelete