Thursday, April 25, 2013

Hutch for the Kitchen


Here is my new hutch for the kitchen. I finally found a piece of furniture the right size and the right price for my kitchen. It is going to sit on the outside wall between the stove and the fridge. This is how it looked before I picked it up. It looked very sad and unloved. It needs some TLC, a bath, some primer, paint, new hardware and possibly some of that paintable wallpaper for behind the shelves. The only thing that I will have to move for this to fit between the appliances is the microwave; I want the microwave to sit above my stove anyway.
I have been looking for the right hutch for months. I wanted to have a hutch so that I can keep my tea things right beside the stove. I have room for the cat food, cat treats and paper products underneath and I will be able to display some of my lovely things on the shelves which are carefully tucked away at the moment. This was the start to my week. I will take pictures as I go along so that you can see the metamorphosis. Have a great day.

Love Always,
Kim

2 comments:

  1. How is the project proceeding? Would love to see some pictures! Hope you are having fun with it.
    This is my first comment...hope the communication works

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes your comment worked fine. Sorry that I have taken so long to reply. I think it is going to work out fine. The cabinet is not what you would call a solid piece of wood furniture. It was the right price and it sits where I wanted it and has my teas, some china mugs, my teapots and some of my pretty plates sitting on the shelves. I have a ton of things stored underneath out of sight. I have not had the time to take it outside and start the transformation. I will take pictures and send them to you when I get at it. Thank you for your interest.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete