Saturday, June 27, 2015

Progress in the Kitchen


I have hung my shelf and mirror frame on the wall in the kitchen. A few weeks ago I picked up a mirror for FREE at the end of somebody's driveway. What a score! It is a fairly large mirror and I could probably fit three frames with a piece of mirror.
My mother gave me the frame but I wasn't sure where it would look best. So I took up to the attic at the house and there it sat until we moved into the cottage. It did not take me long before I found the perfect place to hang it. I have finally found a place that cuts glass and mirror professionally so I will be off to see them at the beginning of the week. Here is the before.


Here is the after picture. I just took this a few moments ago. I am so pleased with how it looks. I can hardly wait for Monday morning to come. I feel like a kid at Christmas.



You can see the carved pieces of the frame now. Before the colour of the frame was so dark it was hard to see. I think I will take the cover of the thermostat off the wall and paint it white as well. It seems to stick out like a sore thumb. I will also have to dob a little paint on the screw heads so they will disappear. 
Hope you are enjoying your weekend. It is overcast and cool again so I am taking advantage of this weather to get some jobs done around the house.

Love Always,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment